Bats Large In Scale Service
LIS Executions with Protection Against Information Leakage
Bats Large in Scale (Bats LIS) is an indication of interest (IOI) negotiation and execution platform allowing market participants to trade large blocks of European equities without revealing their IOI to the wider market.
Access and Seamless Integration
This service is powered by BIDS' proven software, combined with the Bats Europe RIE and designed to comply with MiFID II regulations.
The BIDS platform is seamlessly integrated into buy-side order management systems (OMS), with Bats' sell-side Participants also able to enter IOIs through FIX connections.
Bats LIS Process
- IOIs submitted to the Bats LIS system to identify potential matches.
- The platform interacts with buy-side and sell-side to firm up the IOI.
- A Designated Broker is selected by the buy-side trader to execute the transaction.
- The trade is executed on-Exchange through the Bats Europe RIE.
- The trade is sent to clear under Bats' interoperable model and reported to the Designated Broker via a drop copy.
- The trade is reported through the Bats CXE market data feed as an off-book, on-Exchange trade in real time.
Bats Trading Services Overview
Buy-Side Dealer Tools
Through the OMS, the buy-side trader maintains control over the IOI to execution via existing workflows.
IOIs have peg features, price limits and granular settings to assist in preventing information leakage:
- Filtering and scorecards assist in protecting IOI interaction based on preferred attributes
- Flexibility to select Designated Brokers based on existing relationships
- Directional information is not published and users are never aware of the identity of their counterparty
- No information about IOIs is exposed unless there is a bona fide opportunity to trade
- Minimum size requirements based on the ESMA large in scale table
Bats LIS has a competitive pricing model that is transparent and publicly available. See our Trading Price List.
See the Document Library for specifications and other resources.
Trading is available in more than 5,500 symbols across 15 major European markets including equities, depositary receipts and ETFs.
Access open to buy-side firms via European sell-side broker relationships.
Hours and Holidays
Generally, Bats follows local market trading calendars. See our list of hours and holidays.
- Sell-side – FIX IOI entry
- Buy-side – BIDS/OMS/EMS interface
Bats' interoperable model: choose from EuroCCP NV, LCH.Clearnet and SIX x-clear
Risk tools to manage client limits.